Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Forgotten God



Another book by Francis Chan, "Forgotten God", really gets at the heart of how we have lost part of the Holy Spirit. He pleads in the book for us to follow Christ and to believe in the true adventure of following the Holy Spirit. Throughout the book, Chan looks at how people have moved away from the Holy Spirit and are able to keep living normal lives; he then discusses ways to not get "stuck" in your idea of the Holy Spirit and to not be fearful about learning more about him; and lastly, how to live faithfully with power from the holy Spirit in your life.

It was a very good book and reminded me of how much I go throughout my day not thinking twice about my actions or seeing if I am truly surrendering to the Lord and listening to what the Holy Spirit is calling me to do- no matter how crazy.


I want to share just a few quotes that really stuck out to me:


"If he doesn't move, we will not produce genuine fruit- no matter how
much effort or money we spend... we are not all we were made to be when
everything in our lives and churches can be explained apart from the work and presence of the Holy Spirit."




"There is a huge difference between believing what God has promised and praying for things you'd like to be true."



"If we never pray audacious, courageous prayers, how
can He answer them? If we never follow Him to
positions where we need Him, how can He show
up and make his presence known?"


"If you have not known and experienced God in ways you cannot deny, I would
suggest that you are not living in a needy and dependent way. "

I challenge everyone to take a minute to truly reflect on your own life and allow God to enter it in every aspect...

No comments:

Post a Comment