Saturday, April 10, 2010

Where are we now?













Dan and I moved in September of 2009 from the suburbs of Atlanta to Dadeville, Alabama (Lake Martin). Dadeville is 30 minutes away from our old stomping ground, AUBURN! Dan got a job bidding jobs for a construction company in the Auburn area, so we quickly jumped on the chance to move to this area. As a favor, our parents let us stay at their Lake Condo and "stage" it for them while they are trying to sell it. I got a job as a teacher assistant at a school for kids with severe Autism Spectrum Disorders and Mental Retardation.

We love the life of living on the lake, with it's relaxed and secluded feel- but being 30 minutes away from our friends in Auburn is starting to get old. We drove this amount of time to work in Atlanta, but we are ready to stop commuting. We did not immediately move to Auburn when we first got here because we wanted to make sure Dan's job worked out and I was applying to graduate schools for Speech Pathology.

God is always faithful and he answered our prayers by me getting into Auburn's Graduate School program (I start in the Fall) and Dan got a job for Auburn University in their in house construction department. We are very eager to see what God has in store for this summer because we start to make the HUGE steps of hopefully buying our first place. In the meantime, we are happy with living on the lake for the summer- what a stressful life!







1 comment:

  1. Ummm, you know how much time I like to waste online. How could you not tell me you're blogging now? I believe I had you on the phone just hours ago and no mention. Tsk tsk.

    ReplyDelete